Friday, April 11, 2008

the home stretch...

I am giddy with anticipation. My tummy is all aflutter this morning as I get ready to head into work for my last day office day before we leave. Yesterday at school was sweet as I said goodbye-for-two-weeks to many of my favorite kids--many who begged to be invited to crash the wedding or stow away in my suitcase. It's fun to share a little bit of this excitement with them. I even made too-cool-for-school sassy Astreja laugh pretty hard when we were walking up the stairs, looking out the window at the sleet that was falling all afternoon...I pretended to be musing to myself 'man, that weather's nasty...I wish I could go someplace warm...and sunny...maybe a beach somewhere..." and Astreja turns around laughing 'you mean somewhere like JAMAICA?!'

Well I'm going to try and write a couple more posts before we leave on Tuesday, and Sean promised he'd write at least one, so stay tuned. Love you all.

No comments: