Saturday, February 16, 2008

The DRESS

I found the one! I am giddy with the afterglow of the whole experience. Really, I am very lucky. Mom, Cindy, Kate, Annabelle and I only went out for the first time on Wednesday...we thought David's Bridal would be a good place to start trying on different styles to hone in on what would look best on my body. And as fun as it was to have all my lovelies there with me to oooh and ahhh, I was a little disappointed by the mass-production feel to the dresses there (something disconcerting in seeing a dozen of "your" dress, one in every size). So even though we found one lace number that could work, I was ready to look around some more.

So Saturday morning a lady from Rush's Bridal on Nicollet Mall calls back about an appointment for this weekend. Turns out they are closed Sunday/Monday, so if I want to visit them this weekend, I would need to be there for an 11:30 opening (in about an hour)...I was still in my pajamas. Mom says yes she can look up the address and be ready to go in half-an-hour. We race over there with no idea what to expect--I've never been to an "appointment-only bridal salon".

Long story short...the first dress I try on looks like it was made for me...fit, color, personality, elegance, can't-put-your-finger-on-it perfect ONE. It seemed too good to be true, so I did end up trying on a lot of dresses, and the whole experience was really pretty cool. They had jazzy love songs playing, thick carpets and huge dressing rooms with floor to ceiling mirrors, and lucky for me a huge selection of off-the-rack gowns at 40% off. And because I am getting married in nine weeks, and because the dress is breathtaking, mom and I decide to buy it right then and there.

I wanted to include a picture in this post...but i forgot my camera, and mom doesn't know how to upload photos so we'll need to wait until Storrie can get me the photos. So here is a link to the designer's website if you want to check out my brand new wedding dress. But I have to say, the photos don't even do it justice.

No comments: